Soba Noodles are made from Buckwheat, which is a gluten-free grain that is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and easily digestible protein. They're a great alternative to white pastas and are super tasty both hot and cold. Buckwheat is also a Prebiotic, a source of fuel for our Probiotics (healthy gut bacteria) and they have an awesome flavour profile - perfect base for any salad!
Ingredients *(Note: I used this as a meal prep, so I made a LOT, about 4 servings)
Soba Noodles (about 1/2 a package)
1 large carrot, ribboned
2 mini cucumbers, ribboned (alternative is half a large cucumber)
3 handfulls of broccoli sprouts
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium zuccini, spiralized
1/4 large red cabbage, chopped finely
2 tablespoons of peanuts, raw or roasted
*you can play around with these ingredients - use any vegetables you like!
> MISO DRESSING:
3 tbsp miso
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soya sauce
1/4 cup diced raw ginger
Juice of 1 lemon
> CRISPY TOFU:
1 cup of extra firm tofu, cubed
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of powdered ginger
1 tbsp of Miso
1. Place soba noodles in boiling water for 8-10 minutes (until tender), than rinse with
cold water and set aside to cool
2. Start making the tofu > melt coconut oil in a medium-hot pan, than add your tofu, ginger and miso. Continuously flip until the tofu is a nice golden brown colour
3. Start your dressing > Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor and BAM, it's done.
4. Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl with the tofu and miso dressing.
5. Top with roasted peanuts and TA DA, lunch is served!